How-to video for Socket Grafting with flap reflection using bone graft cement.
Applicable for: Bond Apatite®, 3D Bond+™
Socket Grafting with Flap Reflection : Surgical Protocols
- Before Flap reflection perform mesial oblique vertical incision (up to 2-3 mm into the mobile mucosa).
- Raise full thickness flap, minimally as needed to expose the entire defect.
- Extract the tooth and prepare the site for grafting.
- Cement application
- Eject the cement into the site.
- Place a dry sterile gauze and press firmly for 3 seconds on the buccal and occlusal aspects.
- Press again on top of the gauze using a periosteal elevator in order to compact and compress the cement well.
- Reposition the flap for maximal closure by stretching it directly above the cement (exposure of 2-3 mm is fine, but not more than that).
- Suture: Start from mesial, then distal, then in the middle, after that sutures can be placed in between.
- When using the Augma Shield™ for coverage:
- Suture the vertical incision and cover the exposed material with Augma Shield™.
- Press firmly for 3 seconds, with a finger above a dry gauze.
- Exert additional pressure for few seconds on the gauze with a periosteal elevator.
- The material should be well compacted from all directions, buccally and occlusally.
- No soft tissue manipulation should be performed to gain a tension free flap.
- The flap is stretched for closure. Therefore, no periosteal releasing incision.
Explanations by: Amos Yahav, DMD